Health or Patient Advocate Services
Do you need a Health or Patient Advocate to help you navigate a medical challenge?
As your Board-Certified Patient Advocate (BCPA), my mission is to assist you in achieving the best healthcare possible and empower you with reliable information that will help you in making informed decisions. As a private health advocate, I work for you (or for your legal representative) and my focus is aligned with your interests and values and ensuring the best health care path possible.
Health/Patient Advocate Services:
Assessment - A review of your or your loved one’s health challenge.
Medical Navigation -
- Connect you with medical practitioners/doctors.
- Provide information that aids you in selecting your healthcare team and second opinions that can address your health concerns.
- Help you prepare for and develop questions for medical appointments and your healthcare team.
- Accompany you to medical appointments or be present via phone (with doctors permission) and take notes.
- Assist in connecting with medical team on any issues and concerns.
Diagnosis Education - Provide empowering, reliable information to assist you in learning about your diagnosis and in making informed health decisions.
Decision Support -
- Ensure that your decisions are implemented and the care is patient-centered.
- Assist family in coming to an agreement on decisions that need to be made for a family member/patient who needs health-related assistance
Caregiver Support - Provide caregivers with support and resources.
Wellness, Prevention and Recovery - As a National Board-Certified Health Coach (NBC-HWC) I will work alongside you and help you address your health and wellness which includes preventative health care and recovery from a health challenge.
Elder Care -
- Assist with finding an Assisted Living or Nursing Home residence.
- Assist with hospital discharge - such as setting up home health care and rehabilitation support.
- Provide options for hospice or palliative care.
- Ensure important forms are completed such as Advance Directives, Healthcare Proxy, Financial Power of Attorney and Living Will.
Contact me today for a 15-minute consultation.
Pathfinder Health Coach and Advocate, LLC does not diagnose, treat, prevent or cure any disease or condition and does not prescribe. As a Health Coach and Advocate I am not a substitute for the advice, treatment and/or diagnosis or care of a qualified licensed professional or physician. As your health coach and advocate I do not provide a second opinion or in any way attempt to alter the treatment plans or therapeutic goals or recommendations of your personal physician. As a Health Coach it is my role to partner with you to provide support, guidance and accountability as you create an action plan to meet and maintain your health goals. As a Health Advocate it is my role to guide clients in making informed medical decision by providing information, but I do not make health and medical decisions for the client. All coaching and advocacy sessions are confidential.