Happy World Health DayPosted by Laura Mellor on Apr 7, 2022 in Health Blog | Comments Off on Happy World Health Day
This year the World Health Organization (WHO) theme for World Health Day (April 7, 2022) is Our Planet, Our Health. WHO stated that “well-being societies are healthy societies”. This year the theme’s focus in the following:
- Clean air, water, and food available for everyone
- Health and Wellbeing focus for everyone
- Control over our health and the health of the planet
What can you do for your healthier tomorrow and to make an impact on the health of the planet?
WHO suggests that we all act to protect our health and the planet by reimagining our world :
- Walk or ride a bike to work at least one day per week or choose public transportation.
- Look into a renewable energy provider; turn off lights when not in the room; consider not heating your living space over 70 degrees.
- Shop local for groceries when possible; eat whole foods and avoid processed foods and drinks.
- If you are a smoker, consider quitting smoking to increase your health and cut down on air pollution.
- Consider buying less plastic and using your own shopping bags or recyclable bags.
April is a great month to continue with your focus on your health and wellness while looking to make some changes to positively impact the health of our planet. Consider continuing with your focus on our planet’s health from now until Earth Day on April 22, 2022. This year Earth Day’s theme is Invest in Our Planet.